Saturday, September 23, 2006

Haiku! mania

(The above photo is one of the many rotating/scrolling photos that January One has set up as the header on her website - incredibly talented, isn't she???)

January One is currently running a contest to see who can write the best haiku containing at least three of the following words AND the word 'sock':

january
one
rock(s)
jet
fall
sheep
wool
feet (or foot)
knit
yarn
pirate
fest
dude
fantastic
worm

If you HURRY you can still enter - the contest ends today, September 23rd, at midnight EST.

I myself entered - my entry was as follows:


January chill,
Fantastic dream-sheep knit socks*.
Dude, think Aruba!


She said that she was looking for something funny, which I don't really think I was, but it was still pretty fun to enter. She has some very cool stuff as a prize - which is why some 300+ entries have been gathered so far!
Even if you miss the deadline still navigate on over there - she's totally worth a visit as her posts are funny and her pictures are absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Speaking of another cool blog - this one not with cool photos but with cool pictures - has anyone else ever peeked at Purling Swine? Her pig-themed scribbles really are fantastic...

(The above image is PurlingSwine's main logo that will appear when you go to her site. Isn't that little floating happy pig just the cutest & funniest thing?)

*I just noticed this - do you think I'll get disqualified because I used 'socks' as in the plural and not 'sock' as in the singular?

1 comment:

Kate A. said...

Hee hee...I entered a haiku, too - that was such a cool contest!