Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What's an annoyed (knit)blogger to do?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................



I've knit two Shetland Triangles from Interweave's Scarf Style. I'm 3 pattern repeats into the second half of my Backyard Leaves Scarf from the same book.





(Left: Shetland knit out of stash yarn for my grandmother's 90th birthday. Right: Shetland knit out of Artyarns Royal Silk as a birthday gift for the friend of a friend. Center: Backyard leaves photographed Easter weekend in - where else? - my in-law's backyard...)

....and I'm also 2 e-mail requests in to join the Scarf Style KAL blog and have yet to be answered.


Likewise I've sent two e-mail requests to join the Icarus KAL blog and haven't gotten a reply back there, either! It's been maybe - oh - two weeks for both, and while I went to both of the blog owner's individual pages and saw that yes indeed - one chica has been very busy with thesis and conference and suchlike, I had imagined that she'd have been able to at least reply with a "I'm busy, but I'll get to you eventually" message. The other chica doesn't seem to be busy - 20+ weeks pregnant as all get-out - but not frantically busy like the first.

(Icarus, photographed in the middle of typing this post - somewhere around the 4th or 5th repeat of Chart #1. Doesn't matter, really, as I'll probably do at least 2 more repeats before moving to Chart #2 just for good measure...)

What's the etiquette on this one? Post a comment on the main KAL blog(s) somewhere asking to be added, explaining that the individual e-mail request didn't work? Post a comment on the owner's individual blog asking to be added? Just wait and sit on my hands? Drop it and just knit the damn scarf and shawl and be done with it????


On better news, I am as psyched as all get-out about Sockpalooza 4. I already know what socks I want to knit for my Pal - the ones from Handknit Holidays - but in normal calf length instead of the over-the-knee extravaganza that the original 'recipe' calls for.....


(ohhhhhhhhhhhhh............aren't they BEAUTIFUL????)

I really, really hope when I get my Pal's info that I find out that these sort of socks would be acceptable! My heart isn't **totally** set on knitting them for my Pal (if Pal says no, then I'll knit them for another friend of mine!) but I'm totally drooling over this particular part of the sock and I've just GOT to knit it.........





Tell me that isn't one of THE coolest heelflaps that you've ever seen!?!?!?!?!?!?!



p.s. did I mention that I get to go to Sheep & Wool this year? It's only about 2 hours away - so it's a cakewalk in terms of travel. I'm truly truly excited about it, even if it does currently seem an eternity away at this very second....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those socks! I was so disappointed when they didn't work out for my sister when I tried them. How many stitches did you start the legs with? and did you make a ribbed cuff?

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the scarf resting on the railing. Very nice photography!