Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Belated (& whispered) Messy Tuesday

Whatever viral nastiness is going around, it has decided to temporarily house itself in my throat, and I've essentially lost my voice. This has proven interesting, as I've had to sit desk (i.e. work at the reference desk in the library, providing research assistance to any student or faculty member who needs help) for upwards of 8 hours so far this week. Since this has struck, by the end of each night, my husband has had some relief from my typical barrage of information, queries, and anecdotes that typically fly his way over dinner and after the Munch's bedtime!

I took some Messy Tuesday pictures but was a bit slack in getting them uploaded. So - in typical messy fashion, here they are on Friday! And I have to admit, I was a bit wary of posting these as-is, so what I've chosen to do is post my Messy Tuesday shots, but with a few in 'before' and 'after' format - both so that people can see that I actually can and do clean up my (sometimes) filthy house and also so that when I feel horrible and guilty and troubled over the slovenly state of my abode, I can take a look at these pictures and realize that things can and do improve with a little elbow grease and a whole lot of tidying and recycling.

Before

After

Before

After

There is no 'after' picture for my front porch - it is still in this state of total disrepair & chaos.

Mess? What mess? I see reading material & knitting supplies - no problems here!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone - mine will involve 4 hours of working desk on Saturday (UGH!), a baseball game on Sunday (sock knitting!!!), and a day at home w/ the Munch on Monday as daycare is closed. Here's hoping I can do some major frogging & re-knitting of one of my projects, plus a bit of finishing on two other projects in that given timeframe! I shall re-emerge from my home-cocoon on Tuesday with a Wee Tiny sock post (mine came yesterday, but hasn't had it's photo shoot yet) and maybe a few FO's to chat about as well.

Wish me luck!

No comments: